The Spatial Finance Initiative has published the new State and Trends of Spatial Finance report for 2023, accompanied by new, open asset-level databases for four sectors.
In an update to our last report we dive deeper into:
- Technology and market developments since 2021,
- Three spatial finance applications with significant traction and potential,
- Trends in green finance that will drive demand for spatial finance,
- The importance of asset data for and a case study on assessing environmental impacts in beef supply chains.
- Beef abattoir facilities for the top 5 beef meatpackers globally
- Petrochemicals production facilities in Europe and North America
- Pulp and paper production facilities in Latin America
- Wastewater treatment facilities in Europe
These preliminary datasets are a first step in our goal of creating global, open databases for these and other high impact industries. More database updates and expansions to follow.
The report will be of relevance to audiences across (and beyond) the finance and geospatial communities, and we encourage practitioners in FIs, data intermediaries, businesses, researchers and users in civil society and government to use our new datasets now!