- 17:00 – Arrival and coffee
- 17:30 – Welcome and introduction to London CGFI Innovation Hub
- Ben Caldecott – Director, CGFI
- Nick Appleyard – Head of ESA Space Solutions, European Space Agency
- Francisco Veloso – Dean, Imperial College Business School
- Yllka Hysaj – Research Associate, CGFI
- 17:50 – Climate and environmental analytics case studies
- Harry Grocott – CEO, Treeconomy
- Mark Bernhofen – Research Associate, CGFI, Global Resilience Index Initiative
- 18:00 – Bringing together FinTech and climate science: How do we scale robust climate analytics solutions for financial institutions? (Panel discussion)
- Michael Wilkins – Co-Lead Innovation and Commercialisation, CGFI (moderator)
- Susanne Chishti – CEO, FINTECH Circle
- Andrew Elphick – Head of Innovation Mindset and Intrapreneurship, Barclays
- Claire Burke – Director of Science, Climate X
- James Byrne – Partner, Sustainable Ventures
- 18:55 – Closing remarks
- 19:00 – Networking drinks
- 20:30 – Close
Claire now leads the science team at Climate X where she develops quantitative climate risk solutions, based in robust science, which are geared specifically towards the finance sector. Claire’s interests are mainly in physical risk, developing data and best practice standards for finance and industry, and improving industry understanding in the physical aspects of climate change.
Sustainable Ventures has directly supported 400+ businesses, invested in over 37 and founded 10 since its launched in 2011. James is one of three Equity Partners and group growth lead, having conceived and grown multiple businesses across the Sustainable Ventures portfolio.
Susanne is the award-winning CEO of FINTECH Circle and a FTSE Board Member. FINTECH Circle is Europe’s first investor network focused on fintech investments and a leading fintech innovation, learning and communications platform.
She is also the Co-Editor of the bestseller “The FINTECH Book” which has been translated into 10 languages and is sold across 107 countries. Susanne’s awards include “Top 10 global fintech influencers in 2022” (Evening Standard), “Top 5 ESG Influencers Globally” (Refinitiv)
Andrew is a senior innovation leader with a proven track record in strategy creation, maximising opportunities, planning and driving strategic innovation programmes across a global organisation. He has significant experience in creating and implementing internal and open innovation opportunities in partnership with internal executives and major external stakeholders.
Agile and highly adaptive, Andrew manages the innovation portfolio whilst responding to the emerging strategic priorities and demands of the business.