Spatial Finance Initiative (SFI) first annual review of state and trends in the rapidly developing field of spatial finance takes place on Wednesday 15 July.
This first report, sponsored by Lombard Odier, delves deeper into the underlying technology advancements and market developments that make spatial finance an increasingly important proposition for financial institutions. It presents both emerging and mature applications that are already available on the market and highlights future trends.
In addition to launching the report, SFI’s GeoAsset Project is also about to launch publicly available enhanced asset-level datasets for the cement and iron & steel sectors globally. These include exact geolocation, ownership and production feature information for a significant proportion of cement and iron & steel assets globally. This information is essential to support the net zero transition of these heavy industries.
15:00 – 15:05 Welcome
15:05 – 15:15 Spatial Finance State and Trends Report overview
15:15 – 16: 00 Panel Discussion – Future of Spatial Finance: New and Emerging Applications
· Katie Critchlow, CEO at NatureMetrics
· Josh Gilbert, CEO at Sust Global
· Adina Gillespie, Director of Business Development Europe at GHGSat
· Michael Urban, Senior Sustainability Analyst at Lombard Odier
16:00 – 16:10 Global Asset-level Databases for the Cement and Steel Industries overview
16:10 – 16:55 Panel Discussion – Asset-level Insights for Heavy Industry
· Matthew Gray, Co-Founder and Co-CEO at TransitionZero
· Noemie Klein, CEO at Asset Resolution
· Alvaro Linares Fuster, Associate Director – Climate & Resilience Hub at Willis Towers Watson
· Caitlin Swalec, Climate & Energy Research Analyst at Global Energy Monitor