The UK Centre for Greening Finance and Investment (CGFI) is pleased to share our participation at and around COP27. CGFI’s experts will share their leading-edge insights, outputs and thought leadership across a range of events and topics.
Highlights include The Transition Plan Taskforce (TPT), for which CGFI is part of the Secretariat, is launching its draft disclosure framework for robust and credible corporate transition plans, as well as opening a consultation on the documents. Find out more about their work and see below for more on the launch.
The Global Resilience Index Initiative (GRII) partnership is also announcing a new report setting out the case for shared metrics on climate adaptation and resilience; a new risk visualiser which demonstrates their work on global-scale climate risk analytics; and a call for data, encouraging innovators and data providers worldwide to contribute to GRII as a global public good for building resilience to climate change.
CGFI COP27 diary
Additional events and details will be added in due course.
Tuesday 8th November
- Transition Plan Taskforce Disclosure Framework, Implementation Guidance and consultation launch reception. 5.30pm (Egypt). In person, ClimateAction Innovation Zone.
The TPT launch their draft Disclosure Framework and Implementation Guidance, and announce a consultation and Sandbox.
Making investment work hard to achieve greener, more resilient transport. 7am UK / 9am Egypt. Online and in person.
In this session from Climate Compatible Growth, Jim Hall participates in a panel on how tools & data can better support resilient infrastructure for lower income countries.
- Macroeconomic Uncertainty Meets Climate Perils: How should policymakers respond? 9am UK / 11am Egypt.
Nicola Ranger (Director, Climate and Environmental Analytics, CGFI) speaks in this Climate Compatible Growth event on addressing macroeconomic alongside environmental challenges.
Wednesday 9th November
- Transition Plan Taskforce: Setting the gold standard and collaborating internationally. 8.45am UK / 10.45am Egypt.
Join the TPT in the UK Pavilion to hear how the new Disclosure Framework can support robust transition plans.
- Scaling up climate adaptation finance in times of growing public debt, inflation and natural diasters. 2pm UK / 4pm Egypt. Online.
Nicola Ranger (Director, Climate and Environmental Analytics, CGFI) joins this Cascades/Chatham House panel discussion on climate adaptation finance in a challenging global context.
- Understanding Risk in a Changing Climate. 9am UK / 11am Egypt.
This EU side event will showcase advances and tools for risk analytics and emerging lessons, including Jim Hall (Professor of Climate and Environmental Risks, University of Oxford) discussing the Global Resilience Index Initiative (GRII).
Saturday 12th November
- Insurance Solutions for Supporting Recovery from Climate Shocks. 1pm UK / 3pm Egypt. World Bank Pavilion.
Join us this session at the World Bank Pavilion, which features GRII.
Join GRII representatives in Sharm el Sheikh for more on the Initiative, and celebrate the launch of the GRII demonstrator and report.
See our news and events pages and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for updates on CGFI and partners at COP27.